Friday, April 2, 2010

UFO Challenge

So, I've been searching the web for a great quilting blog to follow, and I came across... a UFO challenge! So exciting and exactly what I'm already doing, just a BIG group of people doing the same thing and keeping you more accountable than just "I'm going to do it!" So I emailed Nancy at the Patchwork Penguin, and I am now officially a part of the challenge. Here's how it works.

Everyone participating makes a list of 10 UFOs they want to finish. They number them 1-10. At the beginning of the month, she (or someone, I think her hubby) picks a number from cards, and that is the project you work on during that month. Now, obviously, I am behind. This started in January (BTW, it's 10 because she's giving us Nov and Dec to work on holiday projects and be with family instead of frantically trying to complete UFOs.) and it's now April! So I am making my list, and skipping the numbers they have already drawn and hopefully completed.

Now, do I really think I can complete 10 projects in the next 7 months...um....I can do at least 3, I'm sure! No, really, I'm gonna work as hard as I can to do my best to finish some of these things. (Redundant, I know, but it really expresses how hard I will be working!) And since I know what the number for April is, I am making that number the project I began working on yesterday.

So here's my list:
1. Winter Sampler Quilt
3. 4th of July Quilt
5. Green Ripples Crochet Afghan
6. Honeymoon scrapbook
8. High School T-shirt quilt (needs to be quilted)
9. A Cross Stitch project
10. Clothing Refashioning

Remember, 2, 4, 7, have already been called, and 10 is the project for the month of April. I went with the Clothing Refashioning because I made over a tank top yesterday, which I will post about, but probably not until tomorrow, because I worked two jobs yesterday and today, and I'm too tired to go upload the pics from my camera and write a second post! But I will say it turned out really cute, and most people who saw me wearing it yesterday couldn't believe I had made it! I LOVE being able to sew!

So, good luck on your own UFOs everybody, and I am off to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment