Friday, July 1, 2011

Baby Quilt

Finally as promised......Stephanie's baby quilt!! With pics!!

Stats on this quilt:
begun: September 2010
baby shower for Steph: October 10, 2010
baby born: January 1, 2011
quilt completed: March 2011
quilt delivered: the next day!!

Eesh! The long and short of it is, I was in no way prepared to start machine quilting on a baby quilt, even it it was only 54"x54". And that discouraged me most of all. Every time I pulled it out to try again, it just aggravated me to no end until I was ready to pull out the rotary cutter and slice it up for scraps! And, well, that wasn't really an option, now was it? So I hired it out. Found someone locally who was comfortable finishing what I had started, no matter how badly it looked, and she had it completed in less than 3 weeks. Phew! What a relief.

Without any further ado....


 Bright, bold, NOT baby-ish prints, surrounded by a border of monkeys.  Looking like the cutest of candy wrappers.

Look at how little she looks on the big blanket....oh, wait, she IS little!

I think she likes it. What do you think?






1 comment:

  1. It turned out great. Can't wait to see more projects done.

    ReplyDelete